As a part of our commitment on safety as well as improving service quality, Agungrent provides defensive and safety drive training to all our drivers.
Agungrent is committed to continuously improving cultural awareness and professionalism in the field of Safety. This field is set by the Basic Policy Management in Quality and K3L2 - Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Protection of the Company. This culture is expected to be implemented in daily activities both within the company and work activity in other activities outside of the company. To all employees who are directly involved or not involved directly with customers are expected to be exemplary in work activities, with priority on safety.
In an effort to kept improve services to all the customers Agungrent, has recently conducted Safety Training Driving (DDC-Defensive Driving Course) on 13-14 October 2012 held at Project MontD'Or Oil Tungkal Limited, Mengoepeh Site - Central Ilir. Tebo - Jambi. Implementation of the training is intended for Agungrent driver who was on duty at the project (site) is. At least 19 people are there drivers who have attended the training. DDC training like this has become a permanent agenda for Agungrent to all employees both in staff and in particular the driver. Every year is always held DDC training tailored to predetermined schedules and situations and conditions. Although it has often done the DDC training many employees, especially drivers sometimes still get some information or new knowledge about how good and safe driving. Enthusiastic participants always encouraged the instructors in performing their duties.
On the occasion of the new training done, Agungrent first-time collaboration with partners / vendors engaged in the field of driving safety training, professional and competent, namely PT. Propina, where several instructor is a large part of the Police Training Centre. So the training that delivered not only focus on Driving Safety and Automotive Basics but also about work discipline, rule of law, orderly traffic regulations so drivers really ready to drive safely on the road.
The training was done in 2 days, running smoothly according to a predetermined schedule. Expected that after the training the participants to practice the material that has been given both in theory and practice in the day-to-day activities. Some driving mistakes that have been made??, whether intentional or not, or perhaps because of lack of information on the basics of driving is not expected to happen again. Although it can’t be confirmed or guaranteed behavior can be changed instantly, but with the hope that sooner or later it will change driving behavior including preparation of driving become even better.
As for some of the findings obtained in the field of driving errors, and can be an example of something not to do, such as the following:
1. The habit of driving without preceded by preparation, vehicle inspection (pre trip inspection).
2. The condition of the vehicle is not kept clean, especially the interior.
3. Position the chair unnoticed steering, forward and backward seat, position / distance to the steering wheel body.
4. Installation of safety-belts, safety-belt done after the vehicle is running.
5. Starter vehicles from outside the vehicle, standing beside the vehicle.
6. Starter / turn on the vehicle regardless of the indicator on the dashboard, the ignition plug directly starter.
7. Position air conditioning is ON or positioned directly either the maximum gust speed (blower) or full speed.
8. The position of hand on the wheel not positioned on 10-2 or 9-3, there are still many who use one hand or two hands positioned at 6 or 7-5.
9. When the vehicle stopped at the ramp the driver rarely use the hand-brake.
10. Use hazard lights when it rains, or the convoy entered the area or out of place.
11. Use the turn signal or high beam lights dim when passed by other riders in the opposite direction.
12. The use of coupling is not effective, too many trampled when the situation and conditions which are not necessary.
13. Remove the safety belt before the vehicle stops and off flawlessly.
14. When turning off the vehicle, make sure air conditioning, lights, radio tape SHUT OFF first.
Hopefully it is also useful for us all, hopefully remind us all, or at least provide additional insight about the broader aspects of driving safety in a harsh and rugged environment.
K3L2 - Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Protection of the Company
(Keselamatan, Kesehatan Kerja dan Lindung Lingkungan Perusahaan)